Thursday, May 15, 2014

Swag and TDD

So... while the agile world is debating whether or not Test Driven Development (TDD) is dead, I'm going to talk about something completely random.

SWAG

Yes. You read that right.

I recently received a pen for speaking at a small Power User Summit in Broomfield, CO. I gave a 20 minute presentation on Agile basics for folks who had no idea what agile was.  As a coach, I really wanted to dig into the meat of agile ideals, but I only had 20 minutes.  The presentation was a success, and I got a few really good questions.  A little later in the day one of the organizers presented me with a rather nice pen.  I'm one of those people who appreciates a good writing instrument, and how it writes is more important to me than how it looks.  This one writes well.  I know it's not an expensive pen.  I don't care.  I like it.


But as I looked at the pen, I began wondering, "What is the coolest piece of swag I've ever received?" Sadly, pens like this one are about as exciting as it gets with me.  I did get this cool flash drive from Agile For All with all kinds of cool resources on it, though.  I love this flash drive.  It's awesome.  

Then I became curious: What's the coolest swag YOU have ever received?  If you can, post a photo of said swag in your comments below.    

No comments:

Post a Comment